Sunday, December 2, 2018

End of Semester Thoughts


Image result for everything will be ok



Happy Sundays readers,

As college students, we've all made it to the end of the fall semester. Even when we thought we weren't going to survive some days because of the workload and constant deadlines, but here we are thriving and surviving. Today's blog post will consist of how I learned to balance out my life differently this semester. I truly feel this fall semester of my senior year helped me grow and flourish. It taught me to appreciate the bad because without the bad I wouldn't be here sitting appreciating the good.

I Learned to Stay Consist in Everything I Do 
I learned when you're consistent in everything you do in life, your outcomes are better. Being consist of school is what we must realize as students. When you stay consist of your education, your grades are better, stress can be lessened, and you'll have more time to what you want outside of school. Consistency is important of every aspect of life. A good example is when you stay consist in going to the gym every day like you promised yourself you would. When you stay consist in going to the gym every day, you see results faster and you feel a boost of self-confidence. Well, school is the same way. I learned throughout the fall semester of my senior year if I want to continue to do well academically, I must remain consist. Consistency in getting your homework done ahead of time, consistent in studying for a test, and consistent in always being on time for class. I believe the only way to be consistent is to stay disciplined. I know it may sound impossible when you are a full/part worker and a student. But it is possible and it is worth it. Consistency is key in an academic career. I wish I would have been more consistent in the earlier stages of my academic career, but now that I have learned that it gets you further in everything you do, I share this advice with you. Discipline = Consistency = Success.


Make Time for Yourself
College is stressful, there is no doubt about it. It is important to take care of your mental and physical health throughout your time being in school. What are some ways to make time for yourself? One way to make time for yourself in a positive way is to go to the gym. I know, I know, you're probably thinking you're "too exhausted" from work and school. But the moment I started going to the gym, I felt a huge relief lifted off of my shoulders. I was able to take out all my frustrations by lifting weights and seeing progress. Going to the gym took care of my mental health AND my physical health because it was "me" time. Gym time was a time I could get away from the world and focus on myself unselfishly. As the gym is my personal "me" time, I suggest ways to find your "me" time is do always do what makes you happy. If it's being alone writing poetry, going out around town with loved ones, or taking a long car drive with the windows down and music up, please do it. You deserve it.


Surround Yourself with Good People
Surround yourself with people who want to see you win. Surround yourself with people who understand that your education is important to you and there will be many nights that consist of you being stuck at home studying for an exam on a weekend. Get friends that understand that you are in school to better yourself. Good friends will understand your devotion and understand that college is not easy. It is important to have a good support system because there will be days if you question if college is worth it. There will be days where you're going to feel like you can't accomplish things. But when those days come along, there is nothing better to get you through then a great support system. Do not allow any negativity in your life while you are simply trying to better yourself by receiving an education. Trust me, you will already have enough stress. The least you can do for yourself is have good people surrounding you. And, if you don't have many people you are close to that you consider your friends, remember that family is forever. Just please don't feel you must put school second to keep people around that would never consider putting yourself first in their life.

Never Sell Yourself Short, Your Time is Coming 
There will be days when you're going to feel behind in life, but I promise, it's going to be okay. You log onto Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat and see your friends getting married, having a baby, buying a new car, and getting their first home. You feel like you're doing something wrong in life. You question yourself why can't you have any of those things in your life. The answer is, it's not your time yet. It's okay to feel like you're behind at times because it motives you to get ahead, but when you overthink it, you start to feel sad and question if you are doing things right in life. Don't put a timeline on your success is the first rule. I use to get bothered when I would see people I graduated high school already graduating college before me when we start college at the same time. I would get bothered when I'd see someone land a job that relates to their future professional career while I worked at a dead-end job. Then I realized, it simply is not my time. I learned to continue to focus on your goals and ambitions and you will go further than you ever imagined. Stop comparing yourself to the world around you because you are where you are for a reason. Enjoy the process and embrace every mistake as the mistake will be your guide to do things correctly the next time around. Be confident that you are making the right choices and realize that taking life day by day is a lot less overwhelming than trying to keep up with the "Joneses". Your time will come and your life will be exactly how you've dreamed for it to be as long as you keep your goals in clear sight. Ignore the distractions, but pay attention to your journey. As it is your journey and you must make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of Semester Thoughts